Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Morsel: Oh Canada

 

Where have I been that I have NEVER heard of these bars before today??????


I must be living under a hot, boiling hot, desert rock.  (No not "dessert" rock as I would prefer to have it.)


Yes, that's it.  I mean, it really might as well be.


For a cool, refreshing treat, Canada seemed like a place to investigate for a Monday Morsel.  And look what I found:




 

Nanaimo Bars!


Delish recipe right here.



History of these charmers right here 

(courtesy of City of Nanaimo):  

This creamy, chocolatey treat's origin is elusive, shrouded in mystery, and claimed by many as their own. Of course, we know that Nanaimo Bars originated in Nanaimo, or they would be called New York Bars, or New Brunswick Bars.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment