Finding the sweet spots of the wild west while exploring the sweetness of the whole world.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Sweet Stroll: Beyond Bread Review Part 1
1. Name of Bakery: Beyond Bread
2. Part of the World: Three Locations in Tucson, Arizona
3. Sight: Over 30 varieties of breads displayed on rustic-looking wood shelves ready for purchase. Countless pastries lit up like a holiday in the chilled glass cases.
4. Aroma: This place is more busy atmosphere than aroma, and yet not one area is less than the other. Beyond Bread has a perfect balance of eat-in meals (sandwiches and the like) and breads/pastries for eat-in or to go.
5. Taste: The SEMOLINA bread (my picture of it above) has a crusty exterior and soft, chewy interior. It’s an old-world kind of bread that makes you feel as though you’re sitting at a café on the Aegean Sea. It’s a perfect bread to accompany your main meal, appetizer, or just enjoy with a slab of butter.
6. Kid-Friendly: This is a casual place for people of all ages to enjoy. Free bread samples upon entering, kid menu, and of course, sweets.
Prices ranged from about $3.00 - almost $5.00 for bakery items.
7. Bakery Bonus: Are you kidding me? I'm still floored by there being over 30 kinds of breads from which to choose. I’ll be reviewing three pastries from Beyond Bread in a Part 2 review. Stay tuned!